The time when one software application could meet the full needs of a school district’s financial requirements or even going beyond a segment of those requirements are coming to a close. Best of breed applications are focusing on specific business applications and working or integrating with other best of breed applications with an accomplishment of providing an excellent overall application suite.
For example, a student system is not focused on school lunch sales – the student system should be focusing on student information and demographics. A general ledger system is not a receipting system however these two applications rely on each other for data exchange. InTouch, for example, exchanges with general ledger systems at several levels.
When evaluating any system solution it is our suggestion to first look at the business process to be addressed and seek applications specifically designed for this task. After finding the applications which meet the process, then determine which applications effectively and willingly integrate with other current and potential applications the district utilizes. Always keep in mind some of the software applications may change over time, so securing software with a positive integration attitude will enable future change.
Where we have seen districts have challenges is when they purchase an all-in-one software application which is purported to answer all sorts of business activities. Unfortunately, sometimes a district finds one aspect or another of the all-in-one is not meeting their needs. To change at this point is costly and may be prohibitive in other ways which creates expense, hassles, or, worse remaining with a deficient component.
The Central Kitsap user group meeting for our peninsula clients is being held on October 21st and the last chance to register is Friday October 18th!
You can register for the meeting several ways:
1. Look for the invite that was sent to your district
2. Register through the EVENTS tab on www.intouchreceipting.com
3. Register by clicking the post on our Facebook page
4. Call our offices at 800-627-4767
We hope to see many of our customers attending this year, and we already have several districts attending the meeting on 10/21. Don't miss out!!
We are holding several meetings around the state in the coming weeks so look for the one in your area. We also encourage districts to attend other meetings if you are unable to attend the meeting in your area.
InTouch Receipting will be an exhibitor at the 2013 International ASBO conference as we have been for several years!
InTouch will have a CPA available to discuss a school district’s overall online and building revenue and collection processes:
· why it is important to have a fully integrated system from building to web
· cash control measures – collecting cash for donations, fees, fundraisers, clubs in a secure and efficient manner
· reconciliation approaches and seamless integration to the general ledger
· integration with other district systems supporting a compliant, secure, and audit-supported environment
· improve revenue collections
· reduce labor costs in the overall process
· how InTouch and other systems work together in providing solid solutions in generating, reporting and controlling revenues
· how to collect revenue to replace lost textbooks, library books and computer initiatives (computers to students)
InTouch Receipting is an organization providing school consulting and software services since 1995 implementing InTouch in districts with student ranges from 300 to 75,000. InTouch staff and applications are founded in solid point of sale (counter and web) experience and internal financial controls. There is simply no better application available than the InTouch Suite supported by the best team